Thursday, October 14, 2010
{miracles}
I spent the last week in bed hoping and praying that our efforts (or lack thereof?) would heal all wounds and allow you to continue to grow and thrive. My water broke prematurely last week, which landed me and you a hospital admission and a week of bed rest. Unfortunately, after visiting with the specialist yesterday, nothing has changed since last Thursday, though your strong little heart continues to push on. We are terribly worried but praying for a miracle. The doctor said our chances are less than 20%, but a 20% positive outcome is hope forming enough. I can't even begin to tell you how worried we have been. We love you so very much. People always tell you that there is nothing like a parent's love and while I have only spent 19 weeks with you thus far, I can attest to this truth. Even if I have never held you in my arms. Even if we have never snuggled, had an argument, shared some ice cream. Cried, laughed, soccer games and lazy Saturday mornings. I can't believe how much I love you. I wish I could do more. I would do anything for you. Just know that I love you and we are hoping for the best. For a miracle.
Labels:
doc