Today was the big day, Sofi!
We walked into the helmet office and sat down to evaluate your little head. The helmet man felt your head and then said those words we have been waiting to hear for months. I have tried so hard not to get my hopes up for this, but today it finally came. He told us to take it home and to be careful to store it somewhere cool so it wouldn't melt. We considered a helmet burning for a moment, but decided we would probably save something like that for your oxygen tubes for that miraculous day in the future when you no longer have to wear those anymore. We drove home singing our own Sofi version of Dora's "We Did It" song. Clearly, we are 1) dorks, 2) watching a lot of Dora the Explorer, and 3) thrilled to be past this whole helmet thing.
You can bet I threw a bow on your head the second we walked in the door. Just because I could.
And you can bet you took it off ten minutes later.
Oh well. We did it!