Wednesday, March 30, 2011

{review}

You would not open your eyes no matter what we tried to do. Oh well. Stubborn? Probably. I guess it was inevitable, and really what helped you get through everything.

Wow! The last week has flown by so quickly! Let's review everything new:

You officially reached the 6 pound mark yesterday at the doctor's office! I think we are getting very close to wearing actual newborn sized clothes! I held up a 0-3 month sleeper to you the other day to find that it was HUGE. I can't imagine you being so big.

You turned 4 months! Can you believe it? Some days I can, and some days it feels as if you just got here...though I guess technically you did
just come home.

You got your 4 month vaccinations yesterday. I thought it wouldn't be too hard for me to handle emotionally after all we have been through, and while I didn't sob or look away, the cry which followed got me to the core. Not to mention the huge tears that gushed from your eyes as you looked at me as if to say, "Mom, how could you let that happen to me?!" Yup. I am a softie.

You love sunlight. I put you down on a blanket in the living room the other day so I could grab something from the kitchen. Normally, you would scream and cry, but that morning, you just stared at the morning light coming in through the window. Mesmerized. A few days later, we got up the courage to take you on a short walk outside. We waited all afternoon for you to wake, but when you finally did and we got you outside, you fell asleep instantly. I am pretty confident you would have enjoyed being outdoors had you been awake, so we will be doing this weekly.

Snuggling up next to your dad's leg.
Pretending to hold your bottle. Sometimes you try really hard to help me, so this time I let you try for a second.
Post vaccinations. At least you got two cute crayon band aids, right?
Your dad snuck this picture after we fell asleep snuggling. I don't think either you or I slept much that night.