On Sunday, your feeding tube (NG or nasal gastric) was pulled out and you were able to feed 100% orally. Wow. Your dad and I watched the CPR and purple crying videos. There may or may not have been some crying at that point. I hope to never need to perform CPR, okay? I know how, but please keep on breathing for me! After 48 hours of 100% oral feeds, D and I spent the night at the hospital to be sure we could handle your oxygen and other baby needs all by ourselves. A practice run. You were awesome and we had a very smooth night. Surprisingly, I even got nearly 4 hours of sleep in between all your feedings and was practically dancing the next morning. We made it! I still have to pinch myself every few hours to remind myself that you are home now. And while we will surely miss our awesome NICU family, we are absolutely thrilled to have you home with us today.
If there is anyone who doesn't believe in miracles, I dare them to look at your life of 100 days and then try to tell me they don't exist. I know miracles exist if we work hard and let them happen. I strongly believe that you always have to give miracles the opportunity to occur. You must give them the choice or you will never know what could have been. We are so incredibly grateful that we made our decision long ago. I think back to the day my water broke nearly 5 months ago and all the terror and fear that shook our world. Seven weeks later you came, still fighting, and have fought every day ever since. I think about all the things that could have been and are the things that are. We have been blessed beyond description and love you more than than anything that ever was. You are our pride and joy, as they say. We love you so much.
Here are some pictures of the last two days: