I tried to put you in one of my favorite preemie outfits this morning only to find that you have grown too long to fit in it anymore! So I pulled out this newborn outfit that I have been patiently waiting for you to grow into. I love it.
Other news as of late:
You have been vocalizing yourself a lot in the last 48 hours. No "cooing", but lots of squealing and other vowel-like sounds.
You also smile a lot during certain periods of the day. You smile and then I smile back. You get another big grin and it continues for ten to fifteen minutes. Some of my favorites times during the day.
It finally happened this week. You have found your hand. You still haven't figured out the whole thumb thing (and to be honest, I am hoping to keep you with the binkie because I can take that away eventually, but I can't take away your thumb). You put all your extra energy into trying to eat your hand. I constantly find your nearly gnawing it off at times and yet you reject both bottle and nursing at those times. Today you even started to gnaw on a bunny/kangaroo animal (who I have named Mimi). Maybe you are finally at the point where you explore through your mouth. Whatever it is, it is pretty fun to watch though definitely confusing me on the eating front.