Sofi, love!
You are growing and growing! You are nearly 7 pounds and slowly fitting into certain newborn sized clothing as well as bigger preemie outfits.
You are smiling more and more and love to interact with your dad and I.
You squeal, snort, and make some fun noises when laying in your crib.
You sleep much better now that you are over the small cold you had a few weeks ago (which means a better sleep for me too!).
We are getting better at recognizing your angry, hungry and whiny cries.
Your hair is growing longer but you continue to have a bit of a bald spot (not unlike an older man...) in the back of your head with a significant amount of hair in the bottom back. Your "duck tail".
Some days, like today, I just stare at your hands. I can't get over your hands. You have these long fingers and fingernails. I don't know what it is about them, but I spent a lot of time looking at them today.
I have discovered that you and I are similar when we wake up. When you wake up from a nap during the day, you lay in your crib just looking around as your slowly open and close your eyes. You get this look on your face that I can't describe except to say that I recognize the very same face in the mirror on very early mornings. Like mother, like daughter.
In the evenings, you usually decide that you are in need of some dad time. You love to sit upright with your dad. You just fit so perfectly together like you were meant to be there. And I think you were. Your dad loves it.
On Sunday afternoons, we all take a drive around the neighborhood together while you nap in your car seat. You fall asleep in your car seat within 10 minutes without fail. I don't know what it is you love about the drive, but you do and it's fun to be out all together.
I also realized the other day that I hadn't yet showed you the set up here at home. Here is your monitor- set to monitor your oxygen saturation level (the top number) and your heart rate (the bottom number). This monitor is great for in the middle of the night when you pull your cannula out, but about drives us crazy during the day with all the false readings.
Here is the oxygen concentrator. This machine is pretty amazing. As long as it is plugged in it can produce oxygen 24/7 at a chosen concentration. There is roughly 50 feet of tubing that connects to this and allows us to move you all around the house. This week you are just below 0.2 L of oxygen.
Your Aunt Kristen came to visit for a few days on her way back to California. This was the first time she had seen you since Christmas and you have grown quite a bit since then! This position often soothes you when you are especially unhappy. Probably a tummy ache of some kind.
When you were inconsolable the other night, we pulled out this swaddling thing we had received as a gift hoping something, anything, would help to comfort you. And you know what, it did! You had Houdini-ed your hands out less than five minutes later and were ready to move on to the next thing within fifteen minutes, but it helped calm you down significantly for a bit. I think the look on your face shows how confused you were at first.
We were also able to sneak in a few pictures of your face sans tubes when changing your cannula the other night. You are beautiful! We love you so much. More than all the world.