Monday, January 23, 2012

{nothing but peace}


Well, kiddo.  I haven't talked much about doctor appointments as often, but I can promise you we have had many.  Last week we met with the cardiologist and pediatrician again to check your progress.  You still don't seem to be gaining much weight, so it was decided that it will be best to go ahead and close that hole in your heart.  Hopefully this will allow you to finally grow.  We will head up to Salt Lake some time in March to have the hole closed via catheter.  They will make a small incision in the groin and go up through a vein to your heart using an "umbrella" to patch the hole.  SO much better than an open heart surgery.  We will even get to meet with the lung specialist to check on the status of your lungs and determine your oxygen needs at this point.  We should know a lot more about what is going on inside that little body of yours. 


I've been so worried about you the past few months.  After your appointments, I usually cry most of the drive home feeling helpless, sad, and scared.  But this time, I feel nothing but peace.  Not one tear was shed after your last appointment, in fact.  We have all done everything else we can do at this point.  This is just what needs to be done next- part of the big plan.  This is the next step we need to take to getting you healthy.  I don't mean to say that I look forward to the anesthesia, the blood, the crying, the overnight hospital stay.  I don't imagine any mother finds joy in those things and neither do I.  But after the procedure, I will hold you and kiss you and rock you to your heart's content.  And hopefully this will do the trick.  There are lots of smart, talented people looking after you.  We are going to get this all figured out.  Moving forward, my love.

PS You may even get your helmet off in the next month if you grow enough.  We are getting ever so close!