Saturday, January 4, 2014

{birthdays}

Wow!  Where has the time gone?  Life has seemed busy the past few months that I haven't gotten around to documenting it.  Better to enjoy the moment though, right? Anyway...

We celebrated your 3rd birthday in November.  I still can't all of that happened three years ago and here you are- an energetic light of joy that fills our home every single day.  You are a nonstop talker, runner, player, and goer extraordinaire.  Seriously.  You never stop moving.  You sing and dance and skip.  You love to count and play games.  You love to tell people (mostly me) what to do and how to play and where to stand and what to say.  It is hard for me to remember those humble beginnings (okay, not that hard) because of how well you are doing today.  You do get sick easily and your coughs seem to last forever, but you are strong and never ever stop going.  I wish I could sit here and adequately describe the love I have for you, my daughter, but I can't.  I am not an eloquent writer or speaker, and so what I lack in words, I try to make up for in love.  I love to tell you a million times a day how very much I love you, and I melt every time you return the sentiment.  You give the best hugs and kisses I could ask for, often when I really need them most.  Thank you for a crazy wonderful three years.  I look forward to all the rest I get to spend with you!

We had a small party with a few of your little friends and their parents the week before your birthday and another birthday with family on the day of your birthday.  Everyone couldn't get together the same day so we split it into two since you really were so excited to have everyone there.  It was so fun to watch you figure out "being the birthday girl" and excitedly opening your presents.  I have never seen such an excited and sincere present opener.  Like each and everything you opened was a million bucks!  I wish I had been better at getting pictures of your dad and everyone else who came, but I just got distracted, I guess.  Suffice it to say, you are very loved!

Birthday No. 1




Birthday No 2