image via {lilyjane}Saturday brought the most excitement to the week. Your dad and I were getting ready to give you a bath. D carried to toward the bath when you finally pooped mid-air and shot it right at me! I am pretty sure either you or your dad had to be aiming. Amidst all the laughter, we got both you and I cleaned up quickly and proceeded to bathe you and return you to your former baby-smelling glory. And don't worry- I took a shower that night too :) It's funny to me to think of how grossed out I probably would have been had it been any other time in my life prior to this. It's funny how motherhood can change you so subtly that a little poop and pee doesn't phase you a bit. I'm not saying I enjoy you pooping on me, nor did it smell so good, but I can tell you that I would live it a million times over if I got to have you. I can handle that.
You have had such a quiet and happy week that your oxygen was turned down to 3 liters on Sunday and we now get to try to eat 2 times per shift (or 4 times per day)! You did two full feedings yesterday and ate like a little champ. You didn't even have to receive any extra per your feeding tube those two feedings! You also had your first big burp which I could made you happy by the look on your face afterward.
We are nearly moved in and have your car seat ready to go and your crib ready for you to sleep in. All we need is you, love bug. All we need is you.
Baby girl, we love you like crazy. You're my little sugar lump :)
PS The above image is a picture of the Valentine we got for you, though you couldn't actually open it yourself. It was made by a sweet friend of mine. She even donates 10% of the proceeds to the March of Dimes, which I think is pretty awesome.
PPS More pictures coming tomorrow