image via {paola}Have I ever told you why I loved your name so much and why I wanted to spell it with an "-fi"? Over a year ago, I came across this beautiful print called " Sofi and the Fish". I was instantly smitten. There was something so mesmerizing about the print- the way the boat seemed to float in mid air, the way the fish seemed to greet Sofi as if it had something to tell her. I guess it provoked in me a sense of wonder and awe at something so simple. How beautiful and magical those things can be. And how so often they make up everyday parts of life.
I always knew that if I had a daughter, I would of course hope for her to be smart and practical, and yet I had also hoped she would never lose that child-like imagination, that sense of wonder that brings life and joy to the everyday. I think it is often that mix of so seemingly different characteristics that allows one to be balanced and joyful. To see things not only for what they are but for they can be and to then act accordingly. I think this balancing act is a big part of wisdom. Knowing truth and right for what they really are.
And did you know that Sofi means "wise" or "wisdom"?