This past Friday, we took a trip back to the hospital to check back with the neonatologist and your nurse at NICU Grad Clinic. It was a good opportunity to have some of the people who know you the best (they have seen you since the day you were born) take a look at your progress with the whole picture in mind. You measured a full 7 pounds and 4 ounces. Wow. They said everything else was looking good, and while they thought your lungs probably would be just fine without the extra oxygen, your heart may need it a bit longer. They ran an EKG on your heart and your right ventricle was measuring a bit bigger than normal (from having to work harder than usual). The doctor said your measurements didn't qualify you for what would be called Right Ventricular Hypertrophy, but that it measured large enough to probably need to checked by a cardiologist and that you should remain on oxygen until then (to act as a vessel dilator- to enable to heart to work less hard as you continue to grow). Just to be sure. We wouldn't want a heart issue to develop in the background. Hopefully in July the cardiologist will find all is well and we can begin to wean the oxygen off for good! Yay! All good news! We are so happy!
You are an amazing kid. You make noises a lot. We can tell you try so hard to communicate all the time. You are ridiculously squirmy. All.the.time. Your smile is increasing cuter and cuter everyday (as if anyone ever thought that could be possible). I am serious. Your smile is enough to make anyone's heart melt. Your beautiful blue eyes sparkle making that smile of yours doubly dangerous. I don't think I ever thought eyes could really sparkle. I mean, don't get me wrong. I have seen happy eyes. But I haven't ever seen eyes really sparkle. I thought that was just cheesy poem stuff, but your eyes really do. I wish that was something the camera could capture, but it just doesn't work. Your smiley face is my very favorite.