Wednesday, September 14, 2011

{fact: dork}

If you haven't already figured it out by the time you are old enough to be interested in reading all these letters, your mom is a dork.  Really.  Let me share a few facts with you.


Fact: I was so excited about a field trip to the history museum in elementary school, that I couldn't sleep the night before and threw up.  I begged your grandma to still let me go.

Fact: I went to science summer camp classes every summer as a kid.  And loved every minute of it.  I remember pouring through the class descriptions every Spring when your grandma would sign me up.  

Fact: Your aunt didn't want to be friends with me when we were little because I talked too much about my rock collection. I memorized facts about every one.

Fact: I get ridiculously excited thinking about the day I can pass on said rock collection to you.  I always imagine you loving it as much as I did.

Fact: When I found out that the school kept track of the students who didn't miss a day of school in third grade, I decided I would never miss again.  And I didn't.  Until senior year of high school, when I went shopping one day with your grandma.  One day missed from third grade to high school graduation.  Need I say more?

Fact: I still read science related books in my spare time.  And watch documentaries and/or shows.  They are my fave.



I have been a dork since forever.  And so has your dad (that fact-filled post coming soon).  My piece of advice for the day is simply this:  life is what you make it.  If you're a dork, enjoy it.  You will be much happier than if you spend a lifetime trying to hide it.


Life is great.  


And museums and rock collections make it even better.