Monday, September 20, 2010

{faith}

I have to confess that I have lost a lot of faith in our political system as of late and have had my doubts about things being done in the name of "the good of the people". Washington is quite frustrating and I find myself wondering about our future all the time. I had a concern of significance to me concerning a law I don't feel should be in place. Knowing that there is no customer service for government agencies, I did the only thing I could think of- I wrote to our senator. Thinking my efforts were probably in vain and would go answered, my faith in our elected was pretty much nonexistent. But you know what? I received a letter in the mail today about my concern. My jaw nearly fell to the floor. While I know our government and it's officials are no where near perfect, I do feel a new found faith. I don't know what times will bring when any of this sounds relevant to you, but I don't want you to lose hope. Do we need to be careful? Yes. Do we need to put forth great effort? Yes. Should we sit by and complain about laws and never work to change them? No. Do we need to exercise our ability to vote, write to officials, and speak out to enact change? Yes. There is a lot we have personal responsibility to do, but I don't think there is need to lose all faith just yet. We just can't give up. I like to think Atticus Finch would agree with me.

I know this is a somewhat heavy topic for an unborn baby, but I hope that this may be of encouragement to you in your later years. I never want to lose an opportunity to teach you what I feel to be true. I don't you want to ever miss out on an opportunity to be happy and change the world. I just love you so much.

See you soon, love bug.