Monday, September 27, 2010

{love at home}

I have been thinking a lot today about how I want our home to be. Not the curtains, the rug, or the couch, though all of that is certainly in good fun. 

I want our home to be a place of love, comfort, and joy.

I don't want you to ever question, even for a second, of our love for you and for each other. D and I love you and each other so very much. I want you to always feel peace in our home. That our home is a place where you like to be. A place where you feel comfortable and encouraged in inviting your friends and the people you meet (despite however terribly dorky and old-fashioned we may be). I do not doubt that we will all have our days. There will be grumpy days, sad days, frustrating days, and incredibly busy days- this is true. But at the end of each and every day, I want you to know of the love in this home (wherever our home may be). Where else can you truly learn to love than in our home? I know that it is my responsibility to help teach you love and so I promise today to do that. I will show my love and respect for you, your future siblings, and your dad. I hope that I can be a good example and that you can love and respect me in return. I hope you never get sick of hearing this, but I love you. I love you so much.

See you soon!