Monday, November 29, 2010

{machines}

The nurses suggested that I be sure to get pictures of your room and all the machines to which you are currently hooked up.The machine on your left is your respirator and helps pump oxygen into your lungs. The machine on the left provides nitric oxide for your blood vessels to dilate and take in more oxygen. You were down to 3% nitric oxide this morning, and they hope to have you off of it by tonight.
The back of the same machines and how they hook up to your isolette.
This is the screen showing your vitals that are constantly being monitored.
This pumps out the TPN (total parenteral nutrition) that provides the nutrients your body needs right now since you can't eat yet.
Here's your dad watching you wiggle around. He loves you so much. He has had a sore throat, so he wears this mask so he can see you and not risk getting you sick. I love to watch him watch you. I love you guys so much.

Dr. Rideout said your brain and head ultrasound came back normal today! Yay! One less thing to worry about. We can just continue to worry about your lungs.

Can you believe how amazing modern medicine is? All the wonderful things it is able to do. It nearly kills me some days to see when you are in pain and uncomfortable. I hope we can get you off more of these tubes soon so you can be more comfortable. I just love you. I wish there were more I could do. For now, I will just have to come as often as possible and hold your small hand. I love you, Sofi.