Thursday, November 25, 2010

{tape}

Today was another quiet day for you. Dr. Eggert showed us some x-rays of your chest that were very encouraging! He said your lungs were the size that they should be (awesome!), but that they were definitely underdeveloped. The little air sacs in your lung have not opened yet, but Dr. Eggert is very hopeful that they will be able to help them open with some air pressure. You are doing awesome! Dr. Eggert said you are especially resilient, which I think was proven by your seven week post rupture fight. Amazing. Sofi, you are amazing.

You love to move your eye protective shades (protecting your eyes from the bilirubin lights) from your face and peek out at us when we come! It is so neat that you can hear our voices and look toward our direction although you still can't see our actual faces yet.

On another note, want to hear about something funny/sad that happened today involving tape? I had the tip of my finger in your little hand when I noticed you were trying to move your right arm without success (it continued to remain in the same spot for nearly five minutes). I moved to get a better look at your arm when I realized your right hand had gotten stuck in the tape the had peeled from the side of your head! I asked the nurse if I could free your little hand from its trap without hurting you. Luckily it was a quick and easy fix that I hope made you a bit more comfortable :)



Sofi, I love you more and more everyday, if that is even possible. I love you more than anything in the world. We love you. We miss you like crazy when we leave. Keep up the fight. You are so strong.