Hey, snuggle bug! Let me tell you about all that happened today. You initially tolerated the complete weaning of the nitric oxide until some other vitals went a bit out of desired range. The doc decided it would be best to keep you on the nitric for a bit longer until your body can better compensate for these things. Because of this, your dopamine (to help offset the lower blood pressure resulting from the nitric) was initiated again in a very small amount just so that your blood pressure doesn't drop down too much. The doc felt that these issues were probably resulting from an issue in your heart so they decided to do an echo (ultrasound of your heart). I guess there is (for lack of a better word...I'm not a doctor) a hole that normally closes within 7 days for a normal baby, but is taking longer since your were born so premature. The doctor said that it makes your heart have to work harder and therefore makes it heart to regulate your blood pressure. He thinks it should fix itself in the near future.
The nurse let me help take your temperature in your armpit (you hate it), change your diaper, and swab your mouth with some milk (you love, love, love that part). The nurse handed me the syringe with the milk tonight to squirt onto the swab. Having never handled a syringe, I totally pressed too hard and squirted milk all over your face. Not that I can blame you, but you were very unhappy. I can tell by the way you crinkle your forehead, eyes, and nose. You throw up your arms and move all around. I hope you've forgiven me :) Fortunately, some got on the swab so I think you were still pretty happy in the end.
Dad is still feeling sick, but is hoping to be better asap so he can see you. He loves you so much. I love you so much too. Keep up the fight, love. We are here for you and know you can do this.