Today was your first eye exam. The ophthalmologist basically checked to see how your eyes were developing and to see if your prolonged time on the vent had harmed your eyes at all. All the nurses said we probably shouldn't be there during the exam, so we sat in the waiting room for less than 10 minutes until your exam was done. Then we ran in to provide you with some love and comfort. The doctor said everything was looking really good and that she didn't foresee any vision issues. You are a miracle to me. Your poor eyes were all red from having to be held open which made your dad and I very sad. But you did awesome and quickly came back down on your stats and just lay in bed, totally exhausted. You held our fingers for awhile until it seemed that you were drifting to sleep.
I can't wait to see you in the morning. Hopefully you are able to get a night of great rest and recovery. I am so proud of you.
Goodnight. We love you so much, love bug.
PS You also hit 2 pounds and 12 ounces today. Nice!