I am sitting here thinking about the fact that you are 10 weeks old today.
It seems unreal to me that I gave birth to you 10 weeks ago. Amazing. And a blessing. You will be 35 weeks gestation tomorrow. And still in the hospital. Never did I imagine having my two month (nearly three month) old baby spending the first few months of her life in the hospital. Your world currently consists of a crib and a small room. I dream of the day when you can smell the scent of the rain we got last night. Get to feel the wet drops fall on your head. But do you know what? That day is drawing nearer and nearer and we are preparing.
A few things I have noticed as of late:
- You love to look us right in the eye when we hold you (if you're awake). You work so hard to turn your head where you can see our face.
- You love to move your arms around. All. The. Time.
- You are oh so toasty warm and love you snuggle. Especially when upright and on your tummy.
- You have the most beautiful blue-grey eyes I have ever seen. I keep wondering if they will change.