Monday, January 17, 2011

{high flow}

Soficles!

You are amazing, sweet girl! The doctor decided to try you out on high flow today. High flow basically gives you a specified amount of oxygen per day. You are starting out on 8 liters per day. Your stats were pretty great all day and I could tell you were oh so happy, though you had to think about it a bit at first. We didn't know if you would have to go back to CPAP, but since you had such a great day, you got to stay on high flow! I could tell you were so much more comfortable as the puffiness from your eyes and tummy started to go down. After holding you this afternoon, you were wide-eyed and calm and you lay in your little bed. You were so sweet to watch as you calmly looked around and held my finger. I think it must be so wonderful to not have huge prongs in your little nose. You can even move your head around freely since your new cannula doesn't come out as easily. The freedom! I think you just loved it!

Your dad finally got to come see you after a week of a terrible cold. He missed you dearly and it was so much fun to be together again as a little family tonight.

We love you like crazy, little one.

Images courtesy of your cute nurse and RT who made them possible.