They say that to whom much is given, much is required.
We have blessed with so much. A few of us were talking at the hospital today about how miraculous your progress has been. Someone said that you must be here for a reason and that you must be destined for great things someday. I feel an incredible responsibility as your mom since we have been given so much. And very lucky too. I still can't believe that I get to be your mom. I promise that I will do all I can to teach you and give you opportunities to learn, grow and develop so you are able to do those great things. Whatever they may be. You already are doing amazing things today and I look forward to all the adventures ahead of us.
Today was another really amazing day for you. Dr. Eggert would like to get you on high flow as soon as you are able, so the RT slowly weaned your CPAP down to a level of 8. 8! Did you get that?! Level 8! And you are doing great! Your oxygen needs are a bit higher, but nothing astronomical. I can also tell that you have to work a bit harder to breathe, but your RT says you are still looking great. I can't even begin to describe how excited I am. You are just incredible. Even if you do have to go back up a little on your CPAP I know that high flow is not so far away and is in the not-so-distant future. Yay!
We love you so much, love bug. Keep up the fight!