Friday, December 17, 2010

{away in a manger}


Love bug! You are now one pound thirteen ounces! You are just amazing. I can't believe it. You met some of my cousins today too. I am not sure what that makes them in relation to you: second cousins or first cousins once removed? That stuff confuses me like crazy and part of it is probably that I am just too lazy to figure it out. Maybe you will be able to help me understand some day.When we visited you tonight, you were at 21% oxygen. That is what we breathe! You were amazing! We held put our fingers in the palm of your hands for a long time, and when you were fast asleep we pulled them away so as not to wake you (you need your sleep). Right after we did, your stats started to drop so we put our fingers back into your isolette. Not long after, your stats were back up. Coincidence? Maybe. But we like to think that you just really like us or something. When I was there earlier in the day, I (very quietly) sung some Christmas songs to you. Christmas only comes once a year and I'd like to bring as much of it as I can to you. You may not understand yet, but I think it's never too early to start. As I was reading/singing the words to the second and third verses of "Away in a Manger" it just hit me like a wave. I guess tears come easily to me these days.

The cattle are lowing, the poor baby wakes;
The little Lord Jesus, no crying he makes.

I love thee, Lord Jesus; look down from the sky
And stay by my cradle til morning is nigh.
Be near me, Lord Jesus; I ask thee to stay
Close by me forever, and love me I pray.
Bless all the dear children in thy tender care,
And fit us for heaven to live with thee there.


Away in a Manger, Hymn 206 (second and third verse)

PS Check out your adorable belly button!