Hey, love!
I can't believe I didn't post yesterday! I was getting ready to post late last night, but was so tired I fell asleep mid process!
First of all, you are up to 1 pound and 10 ounces as of tonight. Getting bigger!
Yesterday was a pretty good day. I got to hold you in the morning until you extubated ("to remove a tube from a hollow organ or passageway, often from the airway. The opposite of extubate is intubate"via webmd). I think that it will always probably scare me when stuff like this happens. I just hate to see you like that. It hurts my heart. We are lucky your nurses are so quick to help you. The doctor said it was a great sign that you were so feisty during the intubation. You are a fighter, after all.
In replacement of the morphine you have been receiving to relieve your pain, the nurses have been swabbing your mouth with sugar water. Apparently studies have been done showing that it acts on the same receptors in babies that morphine does. It's amazing to watch how quickly you calm down after that. I am glad there is an alternative to morphine.
D's parents, sister and her fiance came to visit this weekend. You have met a good deal of this family now. So exciting!
We love you tons, love bug. We are trying to learn all we can to help you. We can do this. We just love you.