Wednesday, December 29, 2010

{it takes two}

Hey, love bug!

Number 1: You were down to 29% oxygen today. Amazing.
Number 2: We got to hold you today. Amazing.
Number 3: You are just amazing. But I am sure you already knew that.
When your nurse and RT were fixing your CPAP cannula so we could hold you, we noticed your head was taking shape to the headgear you have been wearing. It was decided that D would hold the cannula in your nose while we held you so your head could get a bit of a break. Your dad is dedicated. I guess it takes two people to hold you while you are on CPAP.
During the whole cannula fixing process, you had the cannula out for just a moment so we could actually see your whole face! No tubes attached! You are beautiful. And don't worry. Your nostrils will shrink eventually when the cannula comes out. Apparently, your nostrils continue to expand as larger things are stuck in there. If that's not a good enough reason to never pick your nose, I don't know what is! I will have to keep this picture handy at all times.
We love you, Sofer. See you in the morning.

PS Your dad and I have decided that you have the best NICU staff ever. We are so very lucky to know that you are in such good hands.