Tuesday, December 21, 2010

{meet mr. drager}

Mr. Drager, meet Sofi. Sofi meet Mr. Drager. Again. You must have had a fairly good first impression to get along so well today, even if you weren't the best of friends that first day. Today they tried to put you on the Drager Baby Log (the conventional ventilator) again. And guess what? You tolerated it beautifully! I was so thrilled! This is a huge step, my love! Whether due, in part, to the caffeine you were started on last week or your tremendous growth, you are just doing amazing! A whole six hours in total so far! Unlike last time, you now need to breathe 30 times per minute or else the Drager will help you out. You have really done well and have been breathing more than 30 times per minute most of the time (demonstrated by the number 45 below).
You are amazing, kiddo. I love you so very much and am so happy for your progress today. You'll be home in the blink of an eye.


PS Did I mention that you are 15 grams away from being 2 pounds? Oh my goodness. You are growing so fast!