Thursday, December 23, 2010

{squirmy mcsquirmerson}

Sofi!

Today we changed your name to Squirmy McSquirmerson. You were all over the place! I tried to hold you this morning, and you were trying so hard to turn your head to see me that you almost pulled your tubes out. Your stats were all over the place so we had to put you back. When we came tonight, you were still super squirmy, but doing much better as far as your oxygen went. Your nurse and RT (respiratory therapist) changed your mouthpiece that holds your ET tube and rolled you on your side. That must have solved whatever was bothering you because you were the most still and content that I had seen you all day. You looked so comfy that we just sat and watched you sleep. I feel much better knowing that you are comfortable and peaceful when I leave to go home at night.

Can you believe tomorrow is Christmas eve? Our first Christmas together! I can hardly wait.
We love you so much.
PS You should see the stuff waiting for you under the tree. Your dad and I are so excited to open them for you.