Sunday, December 5, 2010

{tummy}

Sofi! Here is today's report.

Now that your belly button tubes have been removed, the nurses gave you the chance to lay on your tummy for a bit today. Your nurse said you loved it. She said you were confused at first and stared at your blanket for a long time. I hope they let you try it again when we are there so I can see how much you enjoy some tummy time.Since you have been trying to suck on your tubes and every other finger or object that nears your mouth, the nurse pulled out a tiny pacifier today to see if you might enjoy that. You really loved it for awhile until I offered you a milk covered swab instead. It's also kind of tough to fit in there with all the tubes you have going on. The nurses said your actions are pretty mature for your age, so I am crossing my fingers that it might help you develop as you need to.You were really squirmy today. This mostly consisted of you throwing your arms every which way as you tried to get comfortable. Your favorite position included laying your right arm over your tube and face while you held on to my finger with the other.

Your oxygen saturation was all over the place this afternoon. The nurse joked that it is a game preemies like to play on nurses to get them going. You had pretty much settled out before I had left, so I am hoping for a quiet night for you and your nurse.
Check out how much better your lines look now after so many tubes were removed!I had the chance to hold you again tonight. Have I mentioned that it takes nearly three people to move you? We attempted skin-to-skin (hence the hospital gown), but we couldn't get your tubes to work with us. Another day :)I love your big blue eyes, your baby soft skin, and the grasp of your hand. I love you, Sofi. Hang in there.