Your umbilical cord stump finally fell out today. I don't think I have ever seen a cuter belly button. We'll work on getting a better picture of it.
They switched your from your oscillator to a Drager Baby Log (a conventional ventilator). Basically, if you aren't breathing forty times per minute, the machine will do it for you. It also maintains the pressure inside your lungs each time as well. Although your oxygen needs went up significantly, you did pretty well for about three hours. It was so cool to watch you breathing all on your own for that time. I could tell you were working harder to do so and it really tuckered you out. Ultimately you were missing your oscillator and your stats were just not what we wished for, so they put you back on the oscillator for the time being. But that's okay! You'll switch over sometime and it's pretty great that you were on the new machine for awhile.
The NICU also arranged for Santa to visit today and we got a super cute picture of you together for your first Christmas. We'll scan that asap.
I love you, sweetheart. We are making progress and all will work out in time.