Tuesday, December 28, 2010

{oh, what a day}

Oh, what a day!

It was my first day back to work today. It was hard to be so close knowing you were a few steps away at all times. Thankfully I was able to come for a very short visit during my lunch break. You were just lying on your side enjoying your new favorite toy: the binky. I missed you all day, and was so excited when two o'clock rolled around. So here I am just getting to hang out with my favorite little girl until my favorite man gets off of work. It's been a long day since I had to wake up at 4:30 this morning to pump and get to work before 5:30, but it will be nice to fall asleep quickly tonight. I will find a rhythm soon. That's just what happens when you get to sleep in for five weeks like I did. Work was great today and I can't complain one bit.

You are doing so great today and I am so glad that I can spend lots of time with you when I get off work earlier in the day. It really pays to be an early riser sometimes, even when the rising is work-induced.

I love you, Sofi. You always make my days great.

PS We keep wanting to take pictures of you, but you are always fast asleep when we visit or calming down, so we try to keep all the lights down so as not to bother you. Hopefully we can get some new ones soon.